Steam on Linux!!

I don't know why I didn't know about this until now, but Steam, the popular PC gaming platform created by Valve has released a beta version of their client on Linux. I have been a long time Linux fan, using it for my C++ programming as well has enjoying the overall freedom of the operating system. I use Linux Mint alongside my Windows 7, Windows 3.11 (Keep it around for some old school fun, and yes I use Dosbox as well), and Windows XP desktop setups.

Now in order to get Steam for linux, I assume you will need a distro based on Debian (The downloaded file is a .deb) All you need to do is go to the Steam Download Page and click on the Linux (beta) download. Open the file and let your package manager install the necessary packages it needs. Afterwards Steam should open and start updating to the most recent version. There are even a few games that already run on Linux like Team Fortress 2. The full list is here. Oh yeah, if you want to friend me on Stream, my username is
sainijon.
Here is a desktop screenshot of my Linux Mint running in Virtualbox:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rin!!!! (11/1/2017)

I'm on Starlight Stage!!

Happy Birthday Murasaki!!! (10/26/2017)